Let’s Make Hope Together!! The Utica Fire Protection District, Waltham School, the Village of North Utica, and the Stars of Hope Program US have partnered together to bring HOPE to not only our community, but the surrounding communities as well!
We are currently in an unprecedented challenging time with our current stay at home order and the affects that the COVID-19 Corona Virus has pressed upon us. At this time, we need to not only worry about our physical health but our mental health as well! We can keep socially distant and still promote hope through ART!!
So What Can you Do? We encourage families to CREATE HOPE FROM HOME!
- Download the Stars of Hope Printout star template and print it on paper, or make your own star of any size at home out of whatever materials you like –cardboard, wood, fabric – anything; (template can be found on our Utica Fire Protection District Facebook Page, www.utica-il.gov, or starsofhopeusa.org)
- Decorate your Star of HOPE and use your creative imagination…crayons, markers, color pencils, magazine clippings, glitter, etc. – the options are limitless;
- Remember to show #kindness and have an #openheart;
- Share and tag your star on social using #starsofhope;
- Challenge your friends and family to create HOPE for others by spreading the news; and
- Place your star on your window or door where people can see it to keep inspiring hope across the Utica Fire District and surrounding communities!
- Take a picture and post it on Social media @starsofhopeusa #starsofhope #SpreadHope @uticafire @walthampride @villageofnorthutica
Stars of HOPE is the world’s largest and fastest growing healing arts program. Started by New York Says Thank You Foundation in 2007. Stars of HOPE is a unique disaster response and community arts program empowering people to transform communities impacted by natural and man-mad disasters by creating colorful art and messages of hope and healing. For more information on the stars of hope – visit starsofhopeusa.org
Click here for a PDF for our local star template!