Requests for Proposals to Acquire Village Owned Real Estate
By Village of North Utica
The Village of North Utica (hereinafter the “Village”) owns a tract of real estate within the corporate boundaries of the Village and within the corporate boundary of the Village of North Utica Tax Increment Financing District I (hereinafter the “TIF District”).
The Illinois Tax Increment Allocation Redevelopment Act (hereinafter the “TIF Act”) authorizes the conveyance of municipal owned real estate in a manner and at such price as the municipality determines is reasonable and necessary to achieve the objectives of the TIF Redevelopment Plan and Project (65 ILCS 5/11-74.4-4).
The TIF Act further provides that said conveyance must be made after approval of an ordinance by the corporate authorities and after public disclosure of the terms of such disposition and all bids and proposals received in response to the Village’s Request for Proposals.
Therefore, it is authorized by the Village President and Board of Trustees of the Village of North Utica, a home-rule municipality, as follows:
1. The Village intends to convey the following described real estate, generally located at 255 N. Mill Street and is hereby accepting Requests for Proposals from any party interested in acquiring such real estate.
2. Any party that is interested in acquiring such real estate shall submit a sealed proposal for said acquisition to: Village Clerk, Laurie Gbur on or before 4:00 P.M. on July 23, 2020. The Village may award a Proposal at a Village Board Meeting July 23, 2020 or at a later meeting.
3. Proposals shall contain the offered price and proposed terms of acquisition. The Village requires the property to be acquired for a use that includes a commercial enterprise on the ground floor. Proposals should contain:
a) Description of planned use(s);
b) Timeline of construction period;
c) Proposed site plan/design as prepared by a professional engineer/architect/ draftsman;
d) Exterior construction material description; and
e) Estimated date of opening of commercial enterprise.
Proposals shall be submitted at Village Hall, 801 S. Clark Street, PO Box 188, North Utica, IL 61373 during regular business hours. Any questions regarding this matter shall be directed to Village President, David Stewart, at 815-667-4111.
4. This property is located in the Downtown Design Guidelines District and all construction shall comply with said requirements.
5. The Village retains the right to select any Proposal received in accordance with the requirements of the TIF Act, to negotiate changes to any Proposal received, to waive any requirements or formalities, and further to reject any or all Proposals received.
Lots 6, 7, 8 and 9 in Clarks’ Fourth Addition to North Utica, in the County of LaSalle and State of Illinois, except coal and minerals and the right to mine and remove the same.
By order of the Village of North Utica, Illinois. Laurie Gbur, Village Clerk
July 6, 2020