TICKETS AVAILABLE SO BUY NOW!!! Click here to buy tickets.
Wine, Food, Shopping, & Fun – at 12 locations throughout Utica!
Wine & Food Tasting: $20 per person for advance online purchase. Includes souvenir glass, passport, and 10 tasting tickets. Online ticket sales end at midnight on February 7. If we do not sell out prior to the event, tickets will be available at the door for $25 (cash only please), while supplies last. Additional tasting tickets are available for $1 each at Canal Market and August Hill Winery.
T-shirts & Hoodies: $12-$28
How does the Winter Wine Walk work? Visit all the locations listed on your passport and enjoy wine and food tastings. Walk between the tasting stops or ride the free trolley bus between stops. This is an open-house type format. You can check in at any time that is convenient to you and can visit the locations in any order you would like.
– Early Check-in on 2/8: Skip the lines and check-in the day before the event on Friday, Feb. 8 from 4-7 pm. You can pick up your glass, passport, and tasting tickets at the August Hill Winery tasting room at 106 Mill Street. Additional tasting tickets will also be available for $1 each (cash only please). If you ordered t-shirts or hoodies, you can pick them up at Canal Market, 208 S. Clark St., during this time period.
– Check-in on 2/9 – the day of the event: Go to the Canal Market, 208 S. Clark Street, Utica, and pick up your Winter Wine Walk souvenir glass, passport, and 10 tasting tickets. You can also purchase additional tasting tickets when you check-in for $1 each (cash only). If you order t-shirts or hoodies, please pick them up at Canal Market as well.
Tasting Locations and Participating Wineries:
CHECK IN – pick up glass, passport – 208 S. Clark St., Utica, IL
- Clarks Run Antiques, 215 Division – w/ Old Mill Vineyard (Food and Wine)
- Clarks Run Creek, 143 Mill – serving various Illinois wines (Wine)
- August Hill Winery & Illinois Sparkling Co., 106 Mill (Wine)
- Duffy’s Tavern & Grill, 101 Mill – w/ Blue Sky Vineyards (Wine)
- Heritage Center, 208 S. Clark Street (next to Canal Market) – w/ Galena Cellars Vineyard (Wine)
- Riverside Plaza, 325 S. Clark – w/ Prairie State Winery (Wine)
- Clark Street Coffee & Bake House, 325 S. Clark (Food)
- Mix’s Trading Post, 602 S. Clark – w/ Berryville Vineyards (Wine)
- Village Green House Liquor, 611 S. Clark – w/ Mary Michelle Winery and Willett’s Winery (Wine)
- Stonehead Leather, 627 S. Clark – w/ Danenberger Family Vineyards (Wine)
- FlutterBy Popcorn, 723 S. Clark (Food)
- Illinois River Winery, 723 S. Clark (Wine)
Frequently Asked Questions:
What if I need extra tasting tickets? Please bring cash if you would like to purchase extra tasting tickets. You can purchase extra tasting tickets for $1 each at check-in or you can get them at the August Hill Winery tasting room or FlutterBy Popcorn. If you get them when you check in, we are only accepting cash in an effort to keep the check-in line moving quickly. If you forget cash, there is an ATM machine at the bank (corner of Mill and Canal) and at Joy & Ed’s (113 Mill St.), which are not too far from the check in location.
Where can I get the Winter Wine Walk shirt I ordered? Winter Wine walk shirts/hoodies are going to be available at the Canal Market, near our wine admission check in area. Those who pre-purchased shirts can pick them up at this area. Shirts can also be picked up the day before the event (2/8), from 4-7 pm, at Canal Market, 208 S. Clark St.
What is the schedule? Do I need to be there by 11 am for the start? The beauty of the Winter Wine Walk is that you are on your own schedule. You can come and go from each location as you please and you can check in when it is convenient for you. Can’t get here until 2 pm? No problem, we’ll still have people at the check in to get you on your way.
How does the trolley work? The trolley service, which is sponsored by Starved Rock Lodge, was added a couple of years ago to make it easier for people to get from one end of town to the other (the trolley is enclosed). However, we have found that most of the people still walk (which is how the Winter Wine Walk got its name.) The majority of the tasting stops are within walking distance.
Where do we park? Parking is available at the elevator (which is near the check-in area), by Duffy’s, across from the bank, and near the memorial (corner of Mill and Church). There are also other small lots scattered throughout town and there is quite a bit of street parking available in the downtown area.
Lodging: Click here for ideas.
Refund Policy: Please note that tickets are non-refundable.
T-shirts & Hoodies: Pre-order your Winter Wine Walk t-shirt and pick it up on the day of the event. Short-sleeve t-shirt, long-sleeve t-shirt, hoodie & crewneck sweatshirts are all unisex sizes. The V-neck shirts are ladies short sleeve shirts and the baseball jerseys are ladies 3/4 sleeves. There will be a limited number of apparel items available on the day of the event, so we recommend pre-ordering. Here is a preview of this year’s shirt design.